The Arenacross competitors were faced with something of a challenge when they rocked up to The Resorts World Arena, NEC, Birmingham for round four of the 2019 Tour, as track builders had worked through the night to completely change the layout and direction of the tight and twisting, red-clay packed circuit.
Cedric Soubeyras (FRO Systems) and Greg Aranda (Team Green Kawasaki) again topped the Pro Lites and Pro 450 qualifying table. Valentin Teillet (SR75 Suzuki) and Adrien Escoffier (Buildbase Honda) rounded out the top three Lites, whilst Nique Thury (FRO Systems) and Charles Lefrancois (SR75 Suzuki) posted second and third fastest in the Pro 450s. The morning times proved to be very close with just half a second separating the top five in each class. The time set by Soubeybras on his 250, just edged Aranda on his 450cc by .125 of a second.
The non-public Pro-Am and Youth races witnessed plenty of action with Luke Dean making short work of the first Pro-Am race. Ben Clayton again proved he’s the one to beat in the Rookies with a healthy margin over recent Rookie signing Preston Williams and then Adam Collings in third. Alfie Jones was back on winning form in the Team Green Supermini Cup, leading Raife Broadley and Jaygo Beasty – for his first podium – across the finish line. In the youngest group, nine-year-old Freddie Bartlett moved on from yesterday’s spate of bad luck to take the seven-lap win by just over six seconds. Series leader Zane Stephens finished second and Jamie Keith enjoyed another podium finish in third.
1. #1 Cedric Soubeyras, FRO Systems, 26.531
2. #737 Valentin Teillet, SR75 Suzuki, 26.796
3. #6 Adrien Escoffier, Buildbase Honda, 26.854
4. #259 Julien Lebeau, Shocktech Kawasaki, 27.033
5. #1x Joe Clayton, Team Green Kawasaki, 27.054
6. #744 Diogo Graca, Castrol Power1 Suzuki, 28.097
1. #20 Greg Aranda, Team Green Kawasaki, 26.660
2. #64 Nique Thury, FRO Systems, 26.862
3. #3 Charles Lefrancois, SR75 Suzuki, 26.888
4. #33 Ashley Greedy, FRO Systems, 27.131
5. #4 Fabien Izoird, Shocktech Kawasaki, 27.191
6. #17 Matt Bayliss, Wooldridge Demolition, 27.471
1. #52 Luke Dean, 15 points
2. #68 Josh Bentley, 13
3. #191 Scott Ardren, 11
1. #11 Ben Clayton, 15 points
2. #377 Preston Williams, 13
3. #48 Adam Collings, 11
Team Green Supermini Cup
1. #4 Alfie Jones, 15 points
2. #9 Raife Broadley, 13
3. #1 Jaygo Beasty, 11
Youth 65 Cup
1. #292 Freddie Bartlett, 15 points
2. #80 Zane Stephens, 13
3. #184 Jamie Keith, 11
Tickets are available on the door at The Resorts World Arena for this evening, Saturday the 2nd. Or call ahead and secure those seats by calling 0844 581 6952.