The third round of the 2019 Arenacross series got underway this morning at the Resorts World Arena, NEC, Birmingham. The stage is now set for a series of intense battles when the start gate drops on this evening’s all-important Pro 450 and Pro Lites Main Events.
Greg Aranda (Team Green Kawasaki) and Arenacross 2018 Pro winner Cedric Soubeyras (FRO Systems) dominated all morning sessions, setting the pace from the very off in free-practice and both sets of qualifying. The French duo were hotly pursued by fellow countrymen Fabien Izoird (Shocktech Kawasaki) in the Pros and Valentin Teillet (SR75 Suzuki) in the Lites.
Flying the flag for the Brits, and running in the top ten 450 class, were Brits Ashley Greedy (FRO Systems), Jack Brunell (Team Green Kawasaki) and Matt Bayliss (Wooldridge Demolition) who respectively qualified fifth, sixth and seventh. Whilst in the 250 Lites group, reigning Pro Lites champ Joe Clayton (Team Green Kawasaki) put in a solid performance to post an average qualifying time of 28.371 seconds.
A new race format introduced for Birmingham and Sheffield, namely the AX Pro-Am Cup saw 12 riders on both 250cc and 450cc machines line-up on the Arenacross starting grid. Luke Dean headed qualifying with an average time of 31.547, ahead of Jack Timms on 33.325 and Cory McShane on 34.525.
Round three gets underway in earnest tonight when the doors open to the public at 6pm. The powerful opening ceremony kicks off at 7.30pm followed by the first FMX show and Pro Lites Main Event. Former world motocross champions Jamie Dobb and Seb Tortelli will be under the interview spotlight and there’ll be non-stop family entertainment with lights, music, pyro, cannon-firing t-shirts to grab and spot prizes to win. Add a little Pitstop Betting and the odd Monster Energy Supercross 2 e-gaming into the mix and it all adds up to another winning Arenacross formula.
Pro 450 Qualifying
- #20 Greg Aranda, Team Green Kawasaki, 27.277
- #4 Fabien Izoird, Shocktech Kawasaki, 27.473
- #3 Charles Lefrancois, SR75 Suzuki, 28.029
- #64 Nique Thury, FRO Systems, 28.237
- #33 Ashley Greedy, FRO Systems, 28.311
- #10 Jack Brunell, Team Green Kawasaki, 28.322
- #17 Matt Bayliss, Wooldridge Demolition, 28.570
- #8 Hugo Basaula, Shocktech Kawaski, 28.626
- #130 Austin Root, Buildbase Honda, 28.901
- #9 Adam Chatfield, Buildbase Honda, 28.983
- #200 James Dunn, Castrol Suzuki, 29.857
Pro Lites Qualifying
- #1 Cedric Soubeyras, FRO Systems, 27.536
- #737 Valentin Teillet, SR75 Suzuki, 27.830
- #259 Julien Lebeau, Wooldridge Demolition, 28.270
- #1x Joe Clayton, Team Green Kawasaki, 28.371
- #6 Adrien Escoffier, Buildbase Honda, 28.391
- #744 Diogo Graca, Castrol Suzuki, 29.521
- #381 Scooter Webster, Shocktech Kawasaki, 30.092
- #13 Nolan Cordens, KTM, 30.177
- #337 Glenn McCormick, Unique FitOut Husqvarna, 30.240
- #52 Luke Dean, Yamaha, 31.547
- #28 Jack Timms, KTM, 33.325
- #3 Cory McShane, Honda, 34.525
- #143 Luke Bell, KTM, 34.824
- #68 Josh Bentley, KTM, 34.847
- #81 Trystan Williams, KTM, 35.149
Tickets are available on the door at The Resorts World Arena for this evening Friday the 1st of February or tomorrow night, Saturday the 2nd. Or call ahead and secure those seats by calling 0844 581 6952.