Arenacross Pro 450 and Pro Lites have each completed the first of their two evening Main Events in front of a packed crowd at The SSE Arena, Belfast.
French riders Cedric Soubeyras (FRO Systems) and Greg Aranda (Team Green Kawasaki) again topped the first race leader board, with Valentin Teillet (SR75 Suzuki) and Julien Lebeau (Wooldridge Demolition) rounding out the Pro Lites top three. Over in the Pro 450s Charles Lefrançois (SR75 Suzuki) was a solid second, keeping a hard-charging Brit in the form of Jack Brunell (Team Green Kawasaki) at bay.
Earlier in the evening Brunell joined four-time World Superbike champion Jonathan Rea on the start-gate, giving VIP Race Experience night ticket-holders an exclusive photo opportunity.
Talking about Arenacross and his career in general, Rea said, “It all started here in Arenacross, at Belfast in 2003. The feeling you get when you’re sitting on the start line in front of thousands of home fans is something that is pretty hard to replicate. Motocross has always been a big part of my heart.”
Local hero Martin Barr (Crescent Yamaha) was the unfortunate victim of a hard crash right on the finish line as he battled to keep ahead of Diogo Graca (Castrol Power1 Suzuki).
Pro 450 Main Event 1
- Greg Aranda (Team Green Kawasaki), 15 points
- Charles Lefrançois (SR75 Suzuki), 13 points
- Jack Brunell (Team Green Kawasaki), 11 points
- Nique Thury (FRO Systems), 9 points
- Hugo Basaula (Shocktech Kawasaki), 8 points
- Fabien Izoird (Shocktech Kawasaki), 7 points
Pro Lites Main Event 1
- Cedric Soubeyras (FRO Systems), 15 points
- Valentin Teillet (SR75 Suzuki), 13 points
- Julien Lebeau (Wooldridge Demolition), 11 points
- Adrien Escoffier (Buildbase Honda), 9 points
- Joe Clayton (Team Green Kawasaki), 8 points
- Glenn McCormick (Unique Fitout Husqvarna), 7 points
Next up are the final Pro and Pro Lites Main Events, the Head-to-Head, FMX, Last Chance Qualifier and then the Main Event Super Final.
Pictured: Jack Brunell with Jonathan Rea and family.